Who Can Tell Me About a Contract?

Contracts and Agreements are an important part of doing business at the University. In fact, there are two offices within Procurement Services with “Contract” in their name – Contract Management and Contract Administration. So what’s the difference between the two and which one should you contact with questions about a specific contract?

Contract Administration is responsible for agreements associated with UA construction projects. This includes agreements with contractors, architects, engineers, and other consultants. Contract Administration is also responsible for administering bids and projects in compliance with the Alabama Bid Law.

Most any other type of contract for goods and services will come through Contract Management. Contract Management reviews and approves agreements for photography, professional services, guest speakers, and others. For most UA faculty and staff, Contract Management is the place to go with questions about an agreement.